When it comes to your home’s ductwork, out-of-sight is not out-of-mind or -lungs or -sinuses. Dirty air ducts affect your family’s health day and night—anytime your HVAC system is in operation. Even though the recirculating air in your home’s central cooling and heating system passes through an air filter, tiny amounts of dust and contaminants collect on interior duct walls. It is also important to maintain a consistent temperature regardless of the ambient temperature and that is what freon does! To know more of what is refrigerant or freon, here is a good place to visit: cpiplumbing.com.
Over time, these surfaces may begin to harbor harmful dust mites, pet dander, mold, and bacteria that affect respiratory health and cause repeated flare-ups of colds and allergies. Your home needs a cleaning rescue, and the professionals are on the job!
Causes of Dirty Ductwork
Duct cleaning helps rid your home of the particulates and allergens accumulating in your HVAC system since its installation. Cleaning the source of these irritants is especially important if anyone in your family suffers from asthma, allergies or other respiratory illnesses. Unhealthy air ducts may result from these causes including:
- Construction debris left from duct installation
- Mold growth where condensation has accumulated or moisture has leaked into the ducts
- Damaged or unsealed duct seams & joints
- Neglected system care including failure to regularly clean filters
Air Duct Cleaning Services
When it comes to quality duct cleaning services, there is a difference! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests that you hire a team that is knowledgeable and experienced with cleaning your type of HVAC system. The air duct heroes from Comfort Cavalry are EPA- and NATE-certified technicians who take meticulous care with their duct-cleaning services including:
- Complete air duct cleaning with high-powered negative air machines & pressurized tools for complete removal of dust & debris
- Application of sanitizer to deodorize ducts and kill any mold & bacteria present
- Furnace & blower-wheel cleaning for efficient system operation and longer lifespan
- Dryer vent cleaning to eliminate fire hazards
- Installation of additional indoor air quality (IAQ) equipment like air purifiers, high-efficiency filters & whole-house air scrubber systems